At the beginning of our Web 2.0 experience we talked about safety points when writing on the Internet and what freedom of speech and expression means as a blogger. I thought it would be important to refresh your memory.
RESPONSIBILITY OF A GLOBAL BLOGGER
1. NEVER give out personal information.
2. Do not use your full name, use your pen name or only your first name. For example, pink milkshake or Ian.
3. You are writing to a global audience, be mindful of the words you choose.
4. Do not plagiarize on your blog. Give credit when credit is due- for either information, videos, illustrations, etc. Anything that is not yours needs to be cited, link to the source if it is found on the Internet.
5. Do not link anything to your blog before reading it yourself. Take the time to make sure the link is appropriate and something you do not mind being associate with.
6. Use language that is acceptable in the classroom. Remember, you are writing to a global audience.
7. When leaving comments, use the sandwich method: positive comment, suggestions to improve the post, words of encouragement. Be respectful towards others and their opinions. Yes, there is freedom of expression, but it is your responsibility to uphold proper etiquette in your writing.
8. Be a Fair-Minded Thinker (Writer)
Some of the information in this post was used from blogging 101.